- for Gifted & Talented regional search (grades 7-8) READ MORE
- for summer school, internship and scholarship applications grades 7-12
- for resume buildup for TJHSST and Academy of Science applicants
- excellent practice for PSAT for grades 9 and below
Critical Reading - Your student will learn strategies on the different types of critical reading passages questions and the strategies for each; enrich their vocabulary; and strategies for sentence completion.
Writing - Learn the strategies on improving sentences, identifying sentence errors, improving paragraphs. Strategies on how to organize ideas, add voice and clarity and vary sentence lengths will also be taught. Students will learn how to write a very effective essay in 25 minutes - from brainstorming to drafting, revising & editing.
Math - Learn mental math and short cut strategies about Arithmetic, Algebra, Algebra 2, Geometry, Trigonomety and Calculus.
Call (571) 426-4639; (703) 880-9466
PSAT/NMSQT® and SAT® are registered trademarks of College Board and the National Merit Scholarship Corp, which were not involved in the production of, and do not endorse this product.
Ongoing and continuous- See the latest schedule on our home page
This class is helpful for students who learned about our program early on and has enough time to learn the contents of the materials. Our approach-
1. Zooming in on the skills that the child missed, based on the pre-assessment or the diagnostic results
2. Continuous teaching and front loading of concepts and strategies covered in the test
4. Guided, independent and timed practice per skill, for accuracy and speed
5. Post-assessment of sub test and/or skill, then go back to step 2.
6. Practice set for homework and follow up (as requested by student and parent).
Ideal for students who just want to get an overview and exposure of the test, at least a month prior to the exam. Here is the process:
1.Format and content overview of the test and sub tests
2. Types of questions and item overview content per sub test
3. Short pre- assessment
4. Content teaching and strategies based on the assessment results
5. Differentiation of skills and/or ability grouping
6. Guided, timed and independent practice sets for accuracy and speed
7. Short post-assessment
8. Practice set for homework and follow up